Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm Miserable

Poison ivy! I have it. I know I'm allergic to the stuff and, yes, I can recognize it. I thought I was being smart....BUT There were several vines on my back fence. With no leaves on it, I covered myself almost copmpletely - long pants, long sleeved shirt, gloves, socks, closed toed shoes, etc. and commenced to chop the stuff out of the fence last Thursday. As soon as I was done, stripped carefully - all clothes directly into the washer and me directly into the shower.

Well, the long sleeves didn't do their job. I began itching some on Friday and more yesterday. I used Zanfel (which I keep on hand at all times)but not much relief this time (of course I guess it would be worse without the Zanfel). Now I'm seeing spots on my tummy and legs. This may call for a doctor visit (I had to resort to a doctor visit once before many years ago.). Been taking benedryl, which I think helps some, but I'm sleepy all the day long.

Well, this too shall pass - I HOPE. Probably not much sewing the next couple of days. Ugh!

Note to self: stay away from the stuff even if it doesn't have any leaves and berries on it and even if I do have on a moon suit!

On a happier note, I see that J's has Vogue patterns on sale for $3.99 next weekend. Maybe I can snag that dress pattern. I'll try anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Feel better. I've never had PI, but I sympathize just the same because I know it can be miserable.

    ReplyDelete