It takes me forever to answer questions from you left in my comment section. If you are still reading, here are a few responses.
Jacki asked: Do you use PatternFile for organizing your sewing patterns? Only my vintage and impulse buy patterns are in those kinds of envelopes and I'm looking for a better way to physically organize them. I have nearly all of my vintage filed on PatternFile. I've been pecking away at it, bit by bit.
Jacki, I wish I could say I have some organization to my sewing patterns, but..........I have mine sorted "mostly" by skirts, dresses, pants, jackets, knit tops, woven tops. My vintage are in a separate bin generally by era i.e., 40's 50's etc. I have dreams of getting my patterns in an organized online system, but that just hasn't materialized yet. I continue to hope!
Susan asked: I just have to ask if you are in the DFW area, the southwest area? There was a Pursley's in the town where I went to high school.
Susan, I do live in the DFW area. I am just between 35 and 40 miles SE of Dallas. I worked in Dallas for over 30 years. Made the commute to downtown the last 20 years or so from here. Before that, we lived in Dallas. Pursley's had two locations that I knew about, one in Duncanville (the bigger one) and one in Lancaster. I think they had been there since the 50's. We went to the Duncanville store almost exclusively. I miss them already!
Sharon asked: That is really cool! Did the auction have a photo of the back of the envelope showing the pattern piece?
Hi Sharon, you were referring to the pattern in this post. Unfortunately, this was the only photo shown for the e-bay auction. If I somehow missed seeing another photo, I also missed saving a copy.
Update on recent sewing: The cape fit a bit snug in the shoulders (which is the only place there is "fit") so I will give her a bit more room there. Other than that, she was happy with the length (the mid-length shown on the pattern envelope,but which is just below mid-calf on her). I hope to get to Dallas to the garment district area this week to see if there is some appropriate black fabric. If I can't find any, I'll start online looking.
Regarding the Style Arc pants - never made it to the sewing room this weekend. Napped during football games this afternoon after church. "Tomorrow is another day." according to Scarlett.
No comments:
Post a Comment