Monday, January 30, 2012

Sometimes it just takes a while - Princess Pattern

for something to smack you right in the face!

I have always liked the look of the shoulder princess dress/top/silhouette.

After the Peggy Sagers' webcast about her princess pattern, I ordered it and I muslined it.  I felt like I was "almost there," however, that's as far as I got.  It is still waiting for muslin #2 or a "wearable muslin."  For some reason I kept dragging my feet. 

Then, it came to me.  Why was I reinventing the wheel?  I had a good Pattern Maker princess dress/top pattern.  After playing with the the free pattern top offered with this system, I ordered the Women's Volume 1 pattern set.  For those of you not familiar with the system, this is a computer generated pattern making system that prints to your unique body measurements.  If you are familiar with Pattern Master Boutique (PMB)- it's along the same line.  I used PMB for while not long after it was released, but never was able to perfect it totally to my satisfaction.

I think I read somewhere that Pattern Maker generates patterns more toward the European pattern base (think Burda types).  I had more luck with the patterns generated with this system.

So, I pulled the measurement sheet out from about 5 years ago and took new measurements.  Just a couple of differences - little larger in the bust; little smaller in the waist - I guess some of those Curves workouts have "resculpted" some parts - who knows?  Input the new measurements and printed a new pattern.  Muslined and it needed a few tweeks - more slope in the shoulder and a bit of reshape of the armscye and, thus, the sleeve head.  Just did these changes with pen and scissors.  Muslin #2.  I LIKE!

That's as far as I got this morning.  Vet was coming out after lunch to give the baby donkey his first set of shots so that took a chunk out of my afternoon - herding them into the barn; haltering the little guy (I've worked with him on that and he is doing well with the halter).  Vet was a little late.  Got his shots; visited a bit the Vet and his tech, then.....I never made it back to the sewing room.  That's OK.

As Scarlett would say, "Tomorrow is another day."  We'll see if I can fit sewing room time in tomorrow's schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment