Last week I was stricken with a cold and cough and felt miserable. About all I was fit for was holding down one end of the couch and keeping aspirin, nose spray, and tissues close by. I did only those things I HAD to do, i.e. feed the critters and DH. With DH being disabled, I have to continue to do what he, in times past, could have stepped in to do. That's just life, and I accept that.
I have a difficult time "just sitting." It's a trait that I inherited from my Mom (and what I consider both a blessing and a curse at various times). So, I picked up the knitting needles, while on the end of the couch and produced a pair of baby booties/socks, and some charity chemo caps. If you've been reading my blog for some time, you have seen these chemo caps before. They are quick and easy and by knitting I can still accomplish something and feel productive. The partially finished one is complete now and I have yet a 4th one on the needles right now.
I gave one of my friends from exercise two of these type caps as she has just completed chemo. She tells me that almost every time she wears one of them, someone stops her to ask where she got it and could they get one. She (and others) suggests often that I make these and sell them. I tell her "having to do them" would take the fun out of making them. I make them when I have time or when I'm in the mood and give them to those who need them or donate to the teaching hospital in Dallas for their chemo patients. I'm flattered that others would want to purchase one, but I want these to continue to be fun for me.
I did one day this week cut and sew a "wearable muslin" of the Style Arc "Elle Pant." They are not hemmed yet. I will post pics and blog about that pattern when it is done. I didn't have the inclination to finish them today. Soon......
Yesterday afternoon I made two burp pads from cloth diapers for a friend who has just welcomed her 2nd grandchild. I'm sure many of you have seen this type burp pad. I have lots of juvenile cotton prints from my "I Spy" quilt days. I haven't made one of those in a long time and have no immediate plans to do another. I reserve those for very special friends and relatives since they take so much time.
So, I did some stash diving in the plastic bins that housed the cotton prints and pulled these two for the pads I made yesterday. The little guy's name is Eli. I hope his Mom will enjoy these. While I was stash diving, I pulled some "girl" fabrics and made two more pads today to have on hand for the next "girl" baby gift. They are all ready for embroidery when the time comes.
Regarding my cold, I'm much better but still tire in the afternoons before I should. Still trying to get my stamina back and hoping this lingering cough decides to leave me soon~
I would love to knit these caps also - can you provide info where the pattern can be gotten. Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteLinda I hope you feel better soon. Try to boost your immune system so you don't get run down because I've had two friends whose cold/cough turned into pneumonia which can be very opportunistic.
ReplyDeleteThose chemo hats are a lovely idea.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind comment on my dress.