I had plans today. I realize I've been missing in action here at the blog. Several reasons: Blaa-ness, other life issues, missing mojo (is that part of Blaa-ness?), buying some new furniture, vegetable garden, and taking in a new dog rescue.
Today, I was going to take photos of a few things that HAVE GOTTEN SEWN--some finished items and a muslin that I'm not sure will ever make it to a final version. Then I was going to tell their stories and blog about them.
BUT, once again, life intervened.
1. Bumper dog (not the new one), came in from the backyard after her morning "break" with a swollen face. Yep, snake bite--likely a copperhead. She feels the need to try to kill them if she finds one and the sneaky &*^%$* snake always nails her at least once. Yes, this has happened to her before. So benedryl and an antibiotic to the rescue. Swelling is subsiding. Never found the snake or the "dead slithery body."
2. As we all collected ourselves, I headed up to the sewing room to begin my "blogging" preparation. In pretty short order, I hear my DH calling what I think I hear as "there's a dog out in the front yard." Thinking one of my outside dogs has managed to escape their fenced dog yard, I look out the front window and see a donkey. Yes the 9 month old "Indy" is grazing in the front yard. The four others are still in the pasture. I check both gates and both are secure. Grab the feed bucket and slowly walk toward him. Any other time he would be trotting toward the bucket, but not now. He realizes he is in "new territory" and doesn't want to be caught. Had to rush to the driveway gate and get it shut so he couldn't get onto the road. I might never catch him at that point.
3. Finally, he decides to go back into the pasture with his herd.
4. Begin walking the fence line. Yep, see a corner area where a corner post has fallen. Five strand barbwire no longer tight. This will require a professional fence mender, BUT I must come up with a fix while recruiting a fence team. By this time, it's past noon and the thermometer is reading 98 and the humidity is HIGH. I'm wet with sweat! I HATE being hot and sweaty!
5. Grab a glass of iced tea, run upstairs and turn off all the machines/iron/radio, hop in the truck and head to the fence place in town 3 miles away. They load up two 16' cattle panels. Hopefully, I'll be able to temporarily attach them to the current T-posts thus "closing the gaping area." That will be later this evening as it begins to cool down. Oh, I'll also have to trim some tree limbs to get into that area. I'm sure I'll be sweating again.
6. Get home and it's time to begin to think about dinner. Some days I really wish I had a housekeeper/cook-- especially days like today when making dinner is not EVEN what I want to consider.
7. Thank goodness for Stouffer's Skillet meals. That and a tossed salad became an early dinner.
8. So I sit down for a minute to type out this blog post to tell you my tale of woe and find out I can't use IE anymore with blogger. So download Google Chrome, and I hope this works.
As Scarlett would say, "tomorrow is another day....." And, I AM still smiling; I have to!
You have a lot of action in your life! Hope all your animals are secured, and you can settle down with your drink of choice and relax.
ReplyDeleteYOWZA, Linda. Thanks for that peek into your life (on a cray-cray day). I can't even imagine! I'm surprised you have any time to sew or blog. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your dog is ok. I used to have a dog that was a master at cornering rattlesnakes. In another life. ;)
Wow - your day is far more interesting than mine. And you have far more energy. What an adventure.
ReplyDeleteI spend my time very similar! I have my blog, I actually put a new one together a few months ago; alas though it often escapes me -- in between horses, cows, chickens, fencing issues, dog issues, house remodeling stuff from 100 year old farmhouse, kid stuff, mother-in-law medical stuff, and now grand kids. I sew pretty regular, but finding time for the pictures and the blogging escape me when my day can turn so quick!
ReplyDeleteLike the new to me word-bla ness. Lots of days like that here. Sorry about the fence and glad you got the yard gate closed in time. I think the snakes will be worse than usual this year. The two lab mixes here had a chicken snake they were intent on getting yesterday that had come into the back yard area. Thankfully I got them distracted so it could go away hopefully. Hope things settle down for you and glad you are ok just busy with other things.mssewcrazy
ReplyDeleteOh My! I can't even imagine going through all that. Poor you. My life is so very relaxed . I feel guilty now!. Hope thing have settled down for you.
ReplyDeleteWow! How do you even find time to sew? RE: the USPS...when I start taking life cues from them I will know it is time to check myself in...lol
ReplyDelete