Monday, June 17, 2013

Vogue 8691





I'm not feeling the love yet.  I started this top last week.  A royal blue rayon/poly jersey knit from Fabric Mart has been in the stash a while.  I had planned to finish and wear to lunch on Saturday with friends, BUT the sewing was taking longer than I had anticipated, and I didn't want to rush.  The fabric was a bit fidley, and rushing would have made it worse.  I didn't want to increase the chance of mistakes and frustration.

So, back to it today:  I have the ruffle basted on and began sewing with a twin needle.  I've had to take out some of the stitching as I was getting some "wavies."  It was almost time to stop for the day and begin deciding on something for dinner, so the tunic is on Saphroni (the dress form).    It may stay there a few days while I contemplate the "feeling the love thing."

The fit is nice.  It did take it in just under the arms to give it a bit more shaping.  I think I wasn't expecting it to be as long in the back as it is.  I had planned to wear it with some floral print "skinnier" jeans I found on sale.  Not sure I like the combo when I did a quick try on this afternoon.  Maybe it was just the mood of the day.  I feel a bit like I've been in a fog most of the day--probably allergy related as I did some mowing last evening.  

It may look better tomorrow................

Status of the purple jeans project:  the white denim has been dyed - twice.  Not the shade I had hoped for, but I'm going ahead with it.  Maybe they will get cut out tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. Linda, I have this pattern also, and it sits unused. I'm not sure why, as I've seen lovely versions of it around the web. I'm sure you will make something fantastic and I'll bet your lack of love is allergy related.

    ReplyDelete