I had made note of this site a while back thinking this would be a good way to use up scraps as well have something useful to do on those days I just wanted to "mindlessly sew." So I started. Here are a few blocks I have so far:
I also worked on some crochet today. Crochet mojo comes and goes quickly with me. I cruise for free patterns off and on and I found this that I liked immediately.
Complete pattern can be found here.
I ordered the yarn back then and barely got started when distraction hit. Today, I made a couple more of the square motifs:
And last, but not least, I pulled this pattern out.
This one is from E-bay. I like the collar. I have some teal wool (that is actually in the photo above, but not true to color in the photo) that has been washed/dried once so it is somewhat felted. The fabric was given to me a couple of years ago. I knew a muslin was in order so, this afternoon I cut one so I can sew and tweak the fitting.
How this for a "variety" day? Quilting..............crochet................muslins--go figure!
Oh my head is laid on the keyboard. I know you are superwoman now. You crochet as well? I love the look of the vintage pattern put with the crochet - beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI used to do a little of that and played at knitting but would be hardpressed to even find a needle or a hook these days.I can never let my family see this blog -they think even a simple garment these days takes me a month. I blame it on age. mssewcrazy