Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Burr...........cold!

This is not normal north central Texas weather. Tonight, 24 degrees and the next two nights, 12-15 degrees predicted.

I handle the cold OK (as long as the propane take is full and the lines are working), but I always worry about the horse in the barn. DH frowns on me trying to bring him in the house. Yes, he has a barn (not heated, tho) - and Yes, he gets extra food to keep the calorie count up and burning - and Yes, he has a blanket/coat - Yes, I make sure he gets unfrozen water to drink - and ............... Yet I still worry when it gets this cold.

Foot is coming along. I'll fill you in on that and what I've been 'knitting on' tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Texans aren't prepared for that kind of cold. You have our Michigan type of cold. Brrr! Hopefully it won't last long. Hope your foot continues to heal fast. I'm looking forward to seeing your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin in Texas has been battling broken pipes due to the cold, so I have been hearing how bad it has been down there. I hope that you and your family (4-legged family included) are all doing well and that it warms up soon!!

    ReplyDelete