I need to add the 1/2" shoulder pads and tack down the facing and it's done. I haven't looked for the shoulder pads, and I'm not sure that I have any on hand. I gave away lots of my shoulder pads a while back because I seldom use them.
I did a few things different that Nancy's directions. I mitered the corners at the side slits. I think it makes for a neater finish.
Here's a photo of the inside of the lined sleeve. As you can see I found gray ambiance lining--not black, but I am OK with the gray since it doesn't show anywhere. The lining is cut shorter than the sleeve. The sleeve and lining are sewn at the hem which pulls up the hem when you match the lining at the sleeve heads. I like the way this is done. I'll probably use this method again at some point.
Here's a close-up of the sleeve vent/slit.
This fabric was a bit of a challenge to sew since it was so thick. I do like it, and I think I will enjoy wearing it. I want to make another in a lighter weight fabric. I may consider lining the whole jacket next time around.
As mentioned earlier, the only adjustment I made to the size 16 was to lower the bust point 3/4".
I had to make a couple of adjustments to Sis' skirt and slacks. Nothing bad. I've finished those, and I want her to try on again before I hem both of them.
Not sure what will be up next. I really need to mow more pasture.
I like it, too! That pattern may have to go on my "need" list.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful jacket, and I really like this pattern. It looks like it will be very versatile for you. Lovely fabric too, and you tamed it very well.
ReplyDeleteOh Wow!! I LOVE that fabric and your jacket is really lovely!The lively colours and the tapestry look are exactly what I like to make jackets from.
ReplyDeleteHappy sewing. Diana