DD came for a 4 day visit, leaving yesterday. First time in a great while that she has been here without DGD. :( but DGD had work and school. It was wonderful having her here. With my foot, we didn't plan a lot of activity; she said she didn't need to shop as she didn't have room to take anything back in the luggage she brought--she travelled light this time.
She wanted "projects" to do while here, so she cleaned one corner of the garage that desperately needed attention, washed my dusty 1972 Barracuda that hadn't been out for a drive in a while and took it to the station for fresh gasoline, and worked on the front flowerbed clearing weeds, etc. THANK YOU, Honey!
We hit our favorite burger joint one evening. The onion rings are SOOOO good!
It was just a fun, mostly relaxing visit!
To get ready for her, I picked up the sewing room (aka, guest room) and removed some stuff (dress form and several boxes of fabric) so she would have room to sleep and relax. Now I have to find what I "stashed away." I cut out a T-garden T and got most of it together before her arrival, so now I need to pull that out and complete.
My foot is doing well. Was back at the doctor this past Monday. He said it looked great, and very pleased with my progress. I'm to stay in the clunky black shoe two more weeks. I go back to see him, and he will probably say to get into a good pair of roomy athletic shoes at that point.
Life is pretty darn good!
I believe we have children so that they can do things for us when WE grow up! Hope your foot continues to heal and you're in regular shoes soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling better! I hope that you continue to improve quickly and are in cute shoes soon!
ReplyDeleteHow nice that your daughter came for a visit and wanted to help out as well. After having that surgery you deserve some help and some cute shoes. mssewcrazy
ReplyDelete