Just thinkin this morning about several things.
Just thinkin now whether I should have purchased that Babylock Imagine yesterday off E-bay. It was "free shipping" after all. I rationalized the purchase by assuring myself I can always sell it if this was not the right move for me. I've been thinking about an Imagine for some time. I do have the Babylock Evolve that I keep telling myself I need to play with more to use it to it's fullest potential. I still plan to do that. I have three feet for the Evolve that haven't ever been on my machine. I have a separate coverstitch machine (Janome) that I love and use often, so I have toyed with the idea of selling the Evolve, but I just can't get to that point. I might not get out of it what I put into it several years ago, and it DOES DO a beautiful rolled hem. Do I have a regular serger? Yes, also Janome that I dearly love and don't think I would ever part with. So I must be crazy, ya think?
Also thinkin that I can't seem to get back to the WWII dress. Why is that? I think it is those sleeves that I haven't gotten just right - and maybe thinking about all those buttons that I haven't bought yet.
Just thinkin about that long list of things to do "when I retired." I've tackled some of them and seem to (in my mind) be in a hurry to finsh them and yet some days I can't get started back on them again. Afterall, it doesn't all have to be done in a week, right? Maybe it's "analysis paralysis." Also, could it be that the weather is not always conducive (for those outside jobs) when I'm really ready to tackle them? Also could it be that I've been medicated this week on 3 scripts for this dastardly poison ivy? (And, yes I I am feeling much better, thanks.)
Yesterday, I (not really planned) did clean/rearrange the upstairs hall closet and got my sewing patterns organized in plastic bins and labled. I packed and labled (non-sewing items) from that closet that are seldom used and carted them to the storage building.
Today, I go for a hair trim, and then the horse "dentist" is coming out to float both horses' teeth. Both need to be done, but I would love to just stay inside and sew or 'piddle.'
Oh well, so much for thinkin. One of my favorite college professor's favorite sayings was: "Thinking is the hardest work, that's the reason there is so little of it done." Is that really true!
No comments:
Post a Comment